This course will give you the knowledge and skills to apply for jobs and work within the adult care sector. You will gain a Level 1 Award in Prepairing to work in the Adult Care Sector, including interative sessions with various care providers.
Units include topics such as:
- What adult social care is, including the different types, accessibilty and careers.
- Understanding the importance of Equality & Diversity.
- Promoting person centred care.
- Areas where own values & principles may conflict with those of adult social care.
- The importance of support & respect in different cultures and values.
- Outlining the importance of finding out an individual history needs, wishes, likes & dislikes.
- Key skills needed to work in care.
- Communication skills and the importance of record keeping
- The duty of care and our responsibilities towards individuals.
- Working within a multi-agency setting.
- Reporting any abuse or neglect.
* Subject to eligibility - speak to one of our team for more information and to see if you are eligible