The Level 2 Diploma in Care is an occupational qualification for learners who work in Health and Care Settings in England such as:
- Adult Care Worker
- Healthcare Assistant/Support Worker
- Personal Assistant
The qualification contains units which are competence based and several knowledge-based units. The qualification is structured in a way which means that all learners will have to complete a group of mandatory and optional units, the content of which is required across any adult care or healthcare support role at level 2.
These mandatory units are:
- Safeguarding and protection in care settings
- Responsibilities of a care worker
- Communication in care settings
- Duty of care
- Handle information in care settings
- Personal development in care settings
- Equality and inclusion in care settings
- Health, safety and wellbeing in care settings
- Implement person-centred approaches in care settings
The optional units are designed to meet the requirements of a range of Healthcare and Care services and to support the delivery of both the Adult Care Worker and Healthcare Support Worker Apprenticeship Standards.
These optional units include:
- Undertake personal hygiene activities with individuals
- Support individuals to eat and drink
- Meet food safety requirements when providing food and drink for
- Provide support for leisure activities
The benefits of this course include:
- Train alongside your job role
- The course allows you to tailor your units to best fit your current role.
- This qualification allows candidates to learn, develop and demonstrate the skills and knowledge required for career progression in Healthcare and Adult Care settings. Learners can progress to the NVQ level 3 in Adult Care Qualification.
- Achieve a nationally recognised level 2 qualification
- Subject specialist support from a Tutor and access to a Learner Support Advisor for everyday queries
- Funding available – speak to one of our team for more information and to see if you are eligible
- This qualification could assist you in gaining the following employment opportunities and potential salaries.
- This Qualification will be the stepping stone to your next promotion, such as, Senior Healthcare Support Worker.
- This qualification allows candidates to learn, develop and demonstrate the skills and knowledge required for employment in the health and social care sector.